WordPress is a powerful content management system that can help you easily create and manage your website or blog. Though it is easy to use, there are still some things you can do on getting the most out of WordPress. Here are 10 tips:
- Back up your site regularly. This will help you avoid losing any data if something goes wrong with your site.
- Update WordPress and all plugins regularly. Keeping everything up to date will help keep your site secure and running smoothly.
- Choose a good host. A good host will keep your site running quickly and smoothly. They will also provide security features and customer support if you need it.
- Optimize your images before you upload them. This will help your site load quickly. You can use a plugin like WP Smush to help with this.
- Use a caching plugin. This will help your site load even faster by caching pages and assets so they don’t have to be loaded each time someone visits your site.
- Disable comments if you don’t want them. This will prevent spam comments from cluttering up your site. If you do want to enable comments, make sure to moderate them so only relevant, helpful comments are approved.
- Only install the plugins that you need. Too many plugins can slow down your site and make it more vulnerable to security threats. Deactivate and delete any plugins that you’re not using.
- Regularly check for updates for all installed plugins. If a plugin hasn’t been updated in a while, it may no longer be compatible with the latest version of WordPress and could cause problems with your site.
- Always test any changes on a staging site before implementing them on your live site. This way, if something goes wrong, you can easily roll back the changes without affecting your live site.
- Create a plan for what you want your website or blog to achieve before starting to build it.. This will help you better organize your content and choose the right plugins and features for achieving your goals.
- Hire a professional if you need help. While WordPress is easy to use, sometimes it’s helpful to have someone with experience guide you through the process.
- Regularly review your website or blog to ensure it is achieving its goals. If not, make changes as needed so it can continue to be an effective tool for promoting your business or sharing your ideas with the world.
- Backup and update as mentioned earlier in this post, monitor user activity. Check Google Analytics monthly at least activity levels traffic sources, and implement best practices based on findings and conclusions therein. Review Google Search Console on at least a quarterly basis, check crawl errors, fix broken links, and perform general maintenance tasks such as database optimization website speed tests.
These tips should help you get the most out of WordPress so you can create an effective website or blog for promoting your business or sharing your ideas with the world. As always, if you need additional help, don’t hesitate to hire a professional who can guide you through the process.